Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update by Mrs. Payne

I just read what Mr. Payne thought he could get away with because I was sick. Ornery? I'll show him "Ornery"!

Actually, after some sparing back and forth after I read his entry we had a good laugh. That's the way most of our disagreements go.

I have seen a lot of change in Howell since we married. He is no longer part "Hermit". We generally do activities together but I haven't been successful in teaching him to load the dishwasher. He laughs readily and often now and seems more like the Howell I knew "Way Back When".

We are busy with our Mission work, my food storage activities, Howell's Ward Website calling and all of our Church meetings but we are very happy.

One other health note. It seems that my diabetes has been at work on my cataracts and they have gotten much worse this past year. Therefore, I will have the one in my left eye removed on Wed. 4/29 and the one in my right eye removed on 5/13. They tell me the recovery is almost always speedy and the bonus is that I will no longer have to wear glasses except possibly for reading.

Howell seems very healthy but is gaining weight. Except as it effects his health, I don't care. I love him no matter how he looks.